Baked Honey Mustard Chicken – A classic mix of honey and mustard dipped in all tender chicken breasts and baked to succulent perfection. This great baked chicken dinner is easy to make and healthy!
It is very good, you will want to eat honey mustard with a spoon. When I grew up, I was never a fan of mustard. It was just sauce, salsa, and barbecue for me. I wasn’t a fan. I’d start to mute if she was by my side. I don’t know what it was, but it wasn’t something that could touch ten feet.
Now, I can’t get enough mustard in my diet. Yellow, Dijon, Granular, Rochefort – Whatever. I love everything.
But when it’s a honey and mustard mix, well, that’s a kitchen paradise.
Baked Honey Mustard Chicken
Delicious and tasty chicken breasts cooked in delicious honey and mustard sauce.
Crispy golden brown skin, sweet and salty sauce plus a salad is all you want. You don’t need much when simple ingredients and baked chicken breasts are perfect.
How to Make Baked Honey Mustard Chicken
Prepare honey and mustard sauce, first: Mix olive oil, honey, Dijon mustard, whole mustard, yellow mustard, vinegar, and paprika in a bowl and beat until smooth.
So we have two options here;
A) Place the chicken breasts in a baking dish, pour the sauce over the chicken and place it in the oven for 35 to 40 minutes.
B) Roast the chicken breasts in a pan, first for a few minutes on each side. Then transfer the chicken to a baking sheet, pour over the sauce and bake for 35 to 40 minutes.
That is practically everything. Serve with a side of loaded mashed cauliflower or spring potato salad for a healthy, balanced meal.
Expensive tips; You may want to double up on the Baked Honey Mustard Chicken Recipe to make sure you have enough seconds for everyone – it’s good! I mean, what’s better than spicy, spicy, sweet, and delicious chicken for dinner? exactly!
Can I use chicken thighs?
Sure, but cook times vary. Use an instant-read thermometer to check maturity – the safe internal temperature for cooked chicken is 165 ° F or 75 ° C.
How to store cooked chicken waste
Store the chicken in an airtight container and store in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days.
Ingredients Baked Honey Mustard Chicken:
- 4 (4 ounces each) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon (or to taste) chicken seasoning blend
- 1-1/2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon wholegrain mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 4 sprigs fresh rosemary, optional but recommended
Instructions Baked Honey Mustard Chicken:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Lightly bake a 9×13 baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a skillet.
- Season the chicken breasts with the chicken seasoning mixture, then add the chicken breasts to the pan. Cook for 2 minutes on each side, or until golden brown.
Meanwhile, make the honey mustard sauce.
- Combine half a tablespoon of olive oil, honey, mustard, white vinegar, and paprika in a small bowl; Beat until well mixed.
- Transfer chicken breasts from skillet to pre-prepared baking dish.
- Pour the prepared honey mustard sauce over the chicken breasts, then flip the chicken over to coat each chicken breast completely.
- Place rosemary sprigs between the chicken breasts.
- Cover with paper and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove the lid and continue cooking for another 15 minutes, or until the chicken is done. The cooking time varies depending on the size/thickness of the chicken.
- Remove from the oven and leave to act for 5 minutes.
- Baked Honey Mustard Chicken Service.