Banana Bread Sour Cream It’s REALLY long since I was supposed to publish this recipe for banana bread with sour cream! In the genre several months. But hey, life being what it is, sometimes things do not work as they are planned! It is not the end of the world since, finally, today, I publish it to you! And I guarantee you, the recipe will have been worth the wait! It is one of the best banana buns I have made (and eaten) in my life. I already had a maple version and a chocolate version on the blog, but I realized that I didn’t yet have a “normal” version, so here it is! The sour cream adds a really delicious extra softness, so it’s worth it! Shall we get started?
To make banana bread with sour cream, it’s super simple! It is a wonderful recipe because it is made in a single bowl (like many of my favorite recipes for that matter!). So we start by mixing the sugar and oil in a large bowl.
To that, we’re going to add eggs, mashed bananas, sour cream and vanilla. We make sure to mix everything well with a whisk to have as few lumps as possible (unless you like your banana bread with sour cream and pieces in it ).
Then add the dry ingredients: flour, flaxseeds, baking soda and salt. If you don’t have ground flaxseeds, don’t be shy about making the banana sour cream bread recipe, it’s optional! You will only have a little less fiber
Finally, we transfer all this to a bread pan that we have prepared beforehand. If you want, then you can garnish your banana bread with sour cream with mini chocolate chips, but it’s not NECESSARY (even if it’s going to be a lot more beautiful and good like that) . And we cook!
You should get this wonderful result! The recipe gives a super soft crumbed banana bread. One of the best banana buns I have eaten in my life. Seriously. I did it for a colleague’s party and he left in 3 minutes at the office. It’s good at that point
It will become a classic at home, guaranteed! If you ever make this banana bread with sour cream, I hope you will think about taking pictures of me and identifying myself on social media with #auboutdelalangue or @auboutdelalangue I always like hearing from you !
If you have other overripe bananas to pass, these three recipes should interest you:
Banana bread with sour cream
SERVING: 1 large loaf or 3 small
MINUTES (depending on the mold used)
- 1 cup of sugar
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup of mashed bananas (about 3 medium bananas well mashed)
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 C. vanilla essence
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup ground flax seeds (optional)
- 1 C. 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ cup mini chocolate chips (for garnish) (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 ° F (180 ° C). Butter or oil a regular-size bread pan or 3 small bread pans.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the sugar and vegetable oil. Add eggs, mashed bananas, sour cream and vanilla essence. Mix well.
- Add the flour, ground flax seeds, baking soda and salt. Mix until everything is just moistened. Distribute the preparation in the prepared mold (s).
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 to 35 minutes (if using mini-molds) or 50 to 60 minutes (if using a regular size pan) or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Leave to cool in the mold for at least 5 minutes, then unmold and allow to cool completely on a pastry rack. Banana bread keeps for 4 to 5 days in the refrigerator and freezes very well.
Source: Mel’s Kitchen Café