Banana Bread With Almond Flour. It is rich in protein and low in carbohydrates. If all of your other ingredients are gluten free, it will also be gluten free.
- Preheat the oven to 350 ° F.
- Beat the eggs in a food processor (or in a large bowl). Once well combined, add the bananas, flour, baking powder, butter and coconut oil and mix until a paste is obtained. Add the almonds and mix gently.
- Pour into a greased loaf pan or covered with parchment paper. Bake for 40 minutes or until the bread is golden brown.
- For the filling, melt the chocolate in a double boiler or in the microwave (on medium power and checking often). Once the chocolate is well melted, add the banana and the cream and mix well.
- Once the bread out of the oven, spread the filling on it and garnish with almonds. Cool in the fridge for at least 2 hours or until the chocolate has set.
AUTHOR’S NOTE (S):
As this recipe does not contain any added sugar, it is important to choose ripe bananas which are naturally sweeter (especially for chocolate, because otherwise it will be very bitter!).
To give as a gift, you can also bake the dough in 4 small 15 x 7.5 cm (6 x 3 in) bread pans. Sprinkle each loaf with 1 tbsp (15 ml) sliced almonds and bake for about 30 minutes.