BBQ Chicken Salad delicious healthy salad comes together very quickly and is sure to hit your entire family. After spending 10 days in Los Angeles with the Jason family, it’s an exaggeration to say that we were eating very well with homemade Korean food and lots of pastries.
But now that the holidays are over and we’ve gone home, it’s time to lose weight on this vacation!
And what better way to shed that extra weight from some great local authorities, right?
This grilled chicken salad has been on my digger list for years. It’s one of my favorite salads to order when eating out, but it’s also expensive! After all, who wants to spend $ 15 on the authorities for chicken dinner ideas?
This is where this homemade version comes from. Doing it at home is much more expensive and you won’t have to keep your favorite ingredients!
Also, you can use your favorite ranch and barbecue toppings and combine them into crispy tortilla chips, let’s be honest. This is the best part of power anyway, right?
INGREDIENTS Of BBQ Chicken Salad:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 boneless, skinless thin-sliced chicken breasts
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 6 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 1 Roma tomato, diced
- 3/4 cup canned corn kernels, drained
- 3/4 cup canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1/4 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup Ranch dressing
- 1/4 cup BBQ sauce
- 1/4 cup tortilla strips
DIRECTIONS BBQ Chicken Salad:
Heat the olive oil in a medium skillet over medium heat.
Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper to taste. Add to skillet and cook, turning once, until soft, about 3-4 minutes per side. Let it cool before cutting it into small pieces.
To collect the salad, put romaine lettuce in a large bowl; It is topped with chicken, tomato, corn, beans, onion, and cheese. Pour the ranch sauce and BBQ sauce over the salad and mix gently.
Serve immediately with tortilla chips.
How to make BBQ Chicken Salad
The first step: BBQ Chicken Salad
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Season the chicken breasts with the skin, bone, and salt.
- The chicken is roasted for 6 minutes on the first side, fried and broiled for another two minutes.
- Rub with barbecue sauce and continue cooking for an additional two minutes.
- Stir the chicken and coat the opposite side with the BBQ sauce.
- Cook for another 2-4 minutes, or until the internal temperature of the chicken has reached 165 degrees.
- Remove chicken from grill and leave for 5-10 minutes before cutting.
Step 2: Prepare a barbecue sauce salad for BBQ Chicken Salad
- The key to Bob Evan’s salad was the spicy ranch sauce. It was just a barbecue sauce mixed with a farm, very simple, but very good.
- Mix 1/2 cup of ranch sauce with two tablespoons of BBQ sauce.
The third step: Collect energy For BBQ Chicken Salad
- Mix the lettuce with tomato, corn, onion, cheese and cucumber.
- Top the salad with barbecued chicken slices and tortilla slices.
- Sprinkle with BBQ sauce and serve.
Tips on the best BBQ Chicken Salad
- If you have fresh corn on a piece of bread, grill it while grilling the chicken for an extra layer of flavor.
- Use your family’s favorite barbecue sauce for seasoning and chicken. I like to use one without high fructose corn syrup.
- If you can’t find the tortilla chips, replace them with the crushed tortilla chips.
- I like to use grated colby cheese, but cheddar or mozzarella also work.
- Feel free to drop onions, cucumbers, corn, or tomatoes according to your family’s preferences.
- If you use my own ranch sauce this salad can be egg free as well as nut and gluten free.