Chicken and Potato Chowder for Just like the relaxing chicken noodle soup, but it’s creamier and cheese-laden. I can always use a bowl of chicken noodle soup. It can be 3 degrees outside, it can be 103 degrees outside, I can be comfortable in bed with the flu, and I can get a cleaner health certificate, it doesn’t matter.
Chicken and Potato Chowder
- This chicken and potato soup is delicious thanks to the generous amounts of rotisserie chicken and potatoes. It’s delicious thanks to a little bacon. I couldn’t resist adding bacon to this soup.
- I love that my soup and soup are thin; If you are a fan of thicker soup, you can add a little cornstarch to the liquid to thicken it. You can also reduce the amount of broth by up to 1 cup.
- If you don’t have rotisserie chicken left, cook about a pound and a half of chicken breast to make this soup recipe. You can also use rotisserie chicken, I bet it will be really delicious!
Also, I used red potatoes with skin; We clean it well with a brush, then cut it. You can use any potato you want, this is my favorite soup.
How to make Chicken and Potato Chowder
- In a large pot, heat the olive oil over medium heat. When the oil is hot, fry the onions for 5 minutes. Then add the celery and carrots, stirring frequently and frying for 5 more minutes.
- We add chicken broth, chicken, and potatoes. Raise the heat to medium-high heat and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, add half and half and the paprika. Cook for an additional 10 minutes or until the soup returns to serving temperature.
- While the soup is cooking, begin cooking the bacon in a skillet. Cook all of the bacon until crisp then crumble into large chunks.
- Season the soup with salt and pepper to taste. Add the cooked bacon just before serving.
Chicken noodle soup can always be eaten. And when you replace the pasta with some potatoes and try them, well, that’s the best kind of chicken noodle soup.
That is exactly what it is. Chicken noodle soup, with thin pieces of chicken and crispy potatoes in an incredibly comfortable cheese sauce.
INGREDIENTS Of Chicken and Potato Chowder:
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups milk, or more, as needed
- 2 russet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 cups diced cooked chicken breast
- 1 1/2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
DIRECTIONS For Chicken and Potato Chowder:
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan or Dutch oven over medium heat. Add the onions, carrots, and celery. Cook, stirring occasionally, until smooth, about 3-4 minutes. Stir the thyme until fragrant, for one minute.
- Beat in flour until golden brown, about 1 minute. Gradually mix the chicken broth and milk and cook, whisking constantly, until slightly thick, for 1-2 minutes. My heart is potatoes.
- Bring to a boil Reduce heat and simmer until potatoes are soft, about 12-15 minutes. Add chicken and cheese, bunches at a time, for 1-2 minutes, until mixture is smooth. Add salt and pepper to taste. If the soup is too thick, add more milk as needed to the desired consistency.
- Serve immediately, garnished with parsley, to taste.