Chicken Salad Recipes for Health. My goal with this healthy chicken Salad Recipes was to keep it super simple, so we can pull it off any time. Cold and creamy, with celery and red onion, this salad is flavorful, protein-packed, and tasty.
Turn an ordinary cooked chicken into a fresh, lively salad that’s perfect for a picnic, fancy lunch, or even dinner by preparing one of the cream recipes. Whether you prefer a classic chicken salad wrapped in mayonnaise, as shown in the image here, or a haunted mix decorated with chicken topped with Greek milk and lemon, there’s no denying that the protein-rich salad has become a staple food. All the techniques mentioned here taste great on a layer of lettuce or on a sandwich with the bread of your choice. In the future, discover the perfect and delicious Chicken Salad Recipes that you can prepare for yourself or for the next lunches.
You will be amazed by the variety of chicken salads. Here, old favorites get a recent update; The quick and easy roasted Chicken Salad Recipes is the perfect example. Roasted pecans and a refreshing creamy sour sauce make this salad particularly delicious. For a unique dish on the classic plate, prepare an Apricot Basil Chicken Salad Recipes Set, using dried apricots, fresh basil, dried almonds, and Greek yogurt for a lively meal. You can even spice things up with the Indian-inspired Chicken Salad Recipes and mango salad, which celebrates tropical flavors and uses yogurt instead of regular mayonnaise for greater health.
Are you looking for something fuller? Choose the Chicken Salad Recipes, which mixes sliced chicken with Dijon mustard, mayonnaise, orange, dried almonds, and lemon juice for a sweet and savory selection. For a delicious option without mayonnaise, try the chicken, hummus, and pesto salad, which contains a base of pesto, cucumber, and lemon.
From sweets and fruits to nuts and aromatics, there are many different ways to make Chicken Salad Recipes at home; Below, we share some of our favorite recipes for making Chicken Salad Recipes here.
Ingredients of Chicken Salad Recipes
- 200g freekeh
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 garlic clove crushed
- 4 asparagus
- juice ½ lemon
- 4 spring onions
- 2 celery sticks, chopped
- ½ cucumber, chopped
- 1 avocado
- 1 green chilli, deseeded and finely sliced
- 6 radishes
, halved (smaller ones left whole)
- ½ small pack flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- ½ small pack basil
- ½ small pack mint
- 150g leftover roast chicken
- salsa verde (see recipe, right)
- 2 tbsp toasted pine nuts
- Soak the freekeh in cold water for 5 minutes, then filter and rinse again under the tap. Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a deep saucepan, add the bay leaf, garlic, and freekeh, and stick them together while stirring for a minute or more.
- Fill the pot with boiling water, add a little salt and simmer for 15 minutes until ready. Add asparagus for 4 minutes. Drain and let cool. (To speed cooling, spread the freekeh on a baking sheet.)
- Once cooled, place the freekeh in a large mixing bowl. Season the mixture with the remaining oil and all other ingredients, with the green sauce and the toasted pine nuts to serve.
Boiled Chicken Salad Recipes:
Yield: 4 cups diced chicken or 4 to 6 servings:
- Put the parsley, thyme, onion, carrot, celery, and chicken breast in a medium saucepan. Cover the broth and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to a very low temperature and cover it. Boil the chicken until firm, for 20 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat and rub the chicken in the liquid for 30 minutes.
- Transfer the chicken to a cutting board and hold the liquid. Chicken bone and skin, and cut meat into roughly 1-inch pieces. Get rid of bones and skin.
- Filter the broth and store in the refrigerator for 3 days or freeze for later use. Remove fat from the broth surface before use.