Cream Of Chicken Soup Recipes is unmatched by canned food. It is smooth and full-bodied, with a delicate aroma of thyme, and has a real taste. Easy to prepare, this recipe will definitely become your favorite and you will cook over and over again!
Cream Of Chicken Soup Recipes
When I grew up, I was “deprived” of canned soup. When you were a child, you always wanted things you could not have.
I was sent to school in a bento box, jealous of my friends about the peanut butter sandwich. I look forward to sleeping outside, not only because of the excitement of living in a friend’s house but also because I tried food that my mother would never make.
- Like-canned soup. I can’t believe how much I like this thing!
- (I can’t believe I feel embarrassed when I send me to school with a bento box. It’s all the rage these days!)
- At some point, I grew up, learned how to cook, and discovered and made homemade butter recipes with chicken.
- Today, I shook my head, wondering how delicious the canned soup is.
- The homemade cream chicken soup is very good. If you like canned chicken soup cream or instant corn on the cob soup, you will love it!
This recipe is an updated version of the recipe that I posted when I started using RecipeTin Eats. The previous recipes started with homemade heavy chicken soup cream-thick and deep chicken soup is like a boxed Campbell soup.
Homemade Cream Of Chicken Soup Recipes
I went through a stage when I made a bowl of homemade concentrated soup, then stayed for a few days, and then used it to make soup or casserole. However, I found that I have not made a thick soup for many years, mainly because it can only be stored for a few days, which contradicts the purpose of the recipe. But if you want, you can keep it.
A rice bowl-sized bowl has only 395 calories. This creamy chicken soup recipe is healthier than most creamy soups because it is made without cream. It is healthier than canned food-low in sodium, preservatives, and other artificial additives.
You only need a spoon to tell the difference. It tastes much better than canned food, it’s just kidding!
I know I have included toast here, but no one will refuse except for delicious bread! These are some of my favorites.
I use this chicken soup recipe as a basis for making more whole soup, which is filled with pasta or rice and more vegetables. Like creamy vegetable soup and noodles.🙂
But for this version, I want to share the “classic” version, just like the one I got from the box. Therefore, the taste of vegetables and chicken is very light-but what you see is the real deal, cute and fresh!
I really think you will like it. The subtle smell of thyme is really lovely and I think it is very important to me.
Ingredients Cream Of Chicken Soup Recipes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 50 g / 3.5 tbsp unsalted butter
- ½ cup / 75 g flour
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ½ small brown onion, finely chopped
- 1 small carrot, diced
- 1/2 red capsicum/bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 small celery stick, diced
- 2 cups / 500 ml chicken stock/broth, preferably low sodium
- 3 cups / 750 ml milk, any fat %
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp EACH garlic powder, onion powder, dried thyme, black pepper (“Spices”)
- 3/4 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup cooked chicken, diced or shredded
- 2 slices white bread, cut into cubes
- Olive oil spray
Instructions Cream Of Chicken Soup Recipes
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and cook for 2 minutes, until partially translucent but not brown.
- Add carrots, celery, and peppers and cook for one minute until soft.
- Add butter to melt. Then add the flour and stir until evenly, and continue to stir for one minute.
- Add the broth and mix until the flour is even, then add the milk. Mix the mixture, then add salt, spices, chicken, and peas.
- Bring to a boil over low heat, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking at the bottom. It will thicken after preheating-about 4 to 5 minutes. Don’t let it explode.
- After thickening, adjust the salt and pepper. Pour into a bowl and serve with toast and fresh thyme as needed.
- Toast bread: Sprinkle a lot of oil on toast bread, sprinkle with salt and bake at 180°C/350°F for 5 minutes until golden and crispy.
1. Cream Of Chicken Soup Recipes was originally published in August 2014 and has now been updated. The original recipe was started with homemade tangy chicken soup (what’s in the tin), but since this soup only lasts a few days, I haven’t taken it for several years because it defeated the purpose of preparing at hand.
I don’t use concentrated soup for casseroles or pasta, so I don’t use them either. Therefore, I deleted the recipe and instead rewritten this chicken soup recipe and started from scratch. However, if you want this creamy chicken soup recipe, please click here for the recipe.
2. It is filled with noodles/rice (pre-cooked and then added to the soup) and more vegetables.
3. Each feed, assuming 4 servings (not including toast). Each serving is about 1 3/4 cups.🙂