Firecracker Chicken is lightly fried on the stove and then baked in a simple spicy sauce, which is usually made with a mixture of buffalo sauce, brown sugar, and apple cider vinegar. The most amazing combination of sweet flavors and spices tasted a million times better than external orders.
The sauce turns into a glaze, and the resulting dish is slightly crisp and slightly sticky, slightly spicy, and slightly sweet. It belongs to the same family as sweet and sour chicken but with a little more flavor thanks to the buffalo sauce.
I’ve seen Firecracker Chicken on Hindi-Recipe and you know how much I love recreating takeaways, so I had to give it a try. Frankly, I wasn’t expecting much because I’m not a big fan of buffalo sauce, but boy, was I wrong.
Firecracker Chicken contains an amazing mix of sweet and spicy flavors, with a hint of touch and calming from the buffalo sauce. And if you’re not a big fan of heat, you can definitely add more sugar to your balance.
It is easy to fail! This method is similar to sweet and sour baked chicken – it cooks quickly with hot oil and then in the oven for about 45 minutes to leave all those amazing flavors.
Make the perfect Firecracker Chicken
If you cook a lot, it may seem strange to bake the chicken with cornstarch and eggs, and then add it directly to the pan without an outer layer to bake over the chicken. But this mixture of eggs and cornstarch makes the skin of the chicken, which will intensify the sauce and help it stick to the chicken.
Have an easy Firecracker Chicken at home
Once you’ve fried the chicken nuggets a little in your skillet, the rest of the recipe is as easy as stirring the chicken nuggets into the sauce and baking until fully cooked and the sauce sticks well.
You can use chicken breast or chicken drumsticks for this dish. Serve on top of cooked rice or vegetable salad.
It is definitely a winner, precisely as easy as Chinese food can be at home. Enjoy!
INGREDIENTS Firecracker Chicken:
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch chunks
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
FOR THE SAUCE
- 3/4 cup Imperial Sugar Light Brown Sugar
- 1/3 cup buffalo sauce, or more, to taste
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes, or more, to taste.
Direction Firecracker Chicken:
- The oven is heated to 325 degrees Fahrenheit. Pour in the oil lightly with a 9 x 13 layer baking dish or one layer with a nonstick spray.
- To make the sauce, whisk sugar with buffalo sauce, vinegar, salt, red pepper flakes, and 1 tablespoon water in a large bowl; Sit aside.
- In a large bowl, season the chicken with salt and pepper to taste. Add cornstarch and stir gently to mix. Work the chicken one egg at a time.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large saucepan. Add chicken and cook until golden, about 1-2 minutes. Transfer to plate lined with paper towel; Get rid of excess oil.
- Add the chicken to the prepared baking dish. Topped with a buffalo sauce mix. Put in the oven and bake until the sauce thickens, for about 45 minutes, turning every 15 minutes to cover the chicken evenly.
- Serve immediately.