Honey Garlic Chicken is made quick and simple, with a great 5-ingredient honey garlic sauce that’s so good you’ll want to use it for everything.
With a recipe that includes chicken thighs and chicken breasts, you’re just minutes away from the most addictive honey garlic chicken dinner the whole family loves! The perfect food for when you crave something sweet with a salty touch.
Crispy, sticky skin (optional), delicious sauce, and elaborate cooked chicken. Things are not getting better!
Honey Garlic Chicken
This sauce not only tastes amazing but is also very satisfying when you watch it turn into a perfectly balanced, sweet, savory syrup. But your mouth really starts to water and you see the sauce simmer around the chicken and easily coated. The bonus of this recipe? It makes so much sauce that you have enough to sprinkle it over rice or steamed broccoli.
Chicken thighs or breasts?
Chicken thighs are perfect for this recipe, as the dark meat is so moist and full of flavor. Although we also love this recipe with chicken breasts … it looks great in this sauce.
The best part about this Honey Garlic Chicken? You already have all the ingredients in your kitchen/kitchen faucet/fridge.
- Honey? YES ✓
- Soy Sauce? YES ✓
- Vinegar? YES ✓
- Water? OF COURSE ✓
- Garlic? Not even a question ✓
The perfect sweet and salty garlic and the honey sauce has few ingredients and will make you lick your fingers after every bite.
INGREDIENTS For Honey Garlic Chicken
- 6 chicken thighs, bone-in or out, with or without skin*
- Salt and pepper, to season
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder, to season
- 6 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup water (or chicken broth)
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar (or apple cider vinegar, or any white vinegar)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- Season with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. sit down
- Heat a frying pan or frying pan over medium heat; brown chicken thigh fillets or chicken breasts on both sides until golden and cooked.
For the bones of the thigh:
After double-sided grilling, reduce the heat, cover the pot, continue to cook until the chicken is soft, flip every 5 minutes until cooked. Also, see the precautions for the oven method.
Drain most of the excess fat in the frying pan and squeeze two tablespoons of the frying pan to add flavor.
For the sauce:
- After the chicken is fully cooked, put the skin in the pan (if cooking with skin); add garlic between the chicken and the stir-fry until it becomes fragrant (about 30 seconds).
- Add honey, water, vinegar, and soy sauce. Increase the heat to a medium-high level and continue cooking until the soy sauce has reduced and become a bit thick (about 3-4 minutes).
- Top with parsley and serve with vegetables, rice, pasta, or salad.
- For chicken breasts: use 3 chicken breasts and cut them in half horizontally.
- Cut each side of the breast fillet into golden brown and cook (about 6 minutes per side, depending on the thickness of the slice).
- Keep the direction starting with the sauce.
- For oven-baked ovens, please preheat the oven to 400°F or 200°C.
- Place the chicken in a frying pan or oven to fry until fragrant, first with the skin side down for 3 minutes.
- Turn it over and burn for another 3 minutes, until it turns brown.
- Then bake in the oven for another 20-25 minutes until it is completely cooked and no longer pink inside.\
- Continue to stir from the sauce.