Traditional Chicken Salad Recipes:
Traditional Chicken Salad Recipes is ideal for lunch, a salad, or a bed of lettuce. It is made from lean chicken in mayonnaise, lemon juice, and celery (you can add crunchy almonds and nuts if you want), and is ideal for picnics or parties.
You can add other fresh ingredients to this recipe, such as green onions, red onions, fresh dill, or avocado. This is a great recipe to prepare a quick lunch at the beginning of the week and continue to use it when we are busy in the future. You never want to go back to the store you bought again!
What can you add to this Traditional Chicken Salad Recipes?
You can add a lot of flavor to the dishes according to your preferences. Here are some suggestions I have tried and liked.
- dried fruit
What is the shelf life of Traditional Chicken Salad Recipes?
The chicken salad will be placed in the refrigerator for 3-4 days and wrapped tightly in plastic wrap.
For food safety, do not leave it at room temperature for more than 2 hours.
Can you freeze Traditional Chicken Salad Recipes with mayonnaise?
I don’t recommend freezing chicken salad because the mayonnaise will separate after melting. You can freeze the cooked chicken, then thaw it in the refrigerator the day before preparing the salad, and add other fresh ingredients the same day.
How about Traditional Chicken Salad Recipes
Serve the chicken salad as a sandwich on sliced tomatoes or vegetables. You can also eat it as an afternoon snack with cookies, or with chopped celery and chili powder, or as a low-carb option on lettuce wrappers.
Tips for preparing Traditional Chicken Salad Recipes
- Add grapes, raisins, apples, or raisins to increase the sweetness and saltiness.
- This recipe requires almonds, but you can also use other nuts, such as pecans, walnuts, or cashews.
- Use mayonnaise instead of mashed avocado and sour cream to make avocado chicken salad.
- Reduce the calories in this recipe by using Greek yogurt instead of mayonnaise.
- This recipe takes a total of 5 minutes to combine, but I want to keep it in the refrigerator for at least an hour to give the various flavors a chance to blend together.
- If you don’t have time to cook the chicken yourself, you can use roast chicken. Just remove the peel and chop it.
- You can use fresh chicken or canned chicken for this recipe.
- Add 2-3 tablespoons of your favorite barbecue sauce instead of a little mayonnaise to make a barbecue chicken salad.
- Add spices to this recipe to add different flavors such as garlic, chili powder, curry powder and even mustard. Try
- jalapeno seasoning and lemon juice instead of lemon juice. Or pickle a little chili and jalapeno to make it spicy.
- Cook the chicken breasts in clay, then use an electric hand mixer to chop the chicken to become a shredded Traditional Chicken Salad Recipes
- 4 cups cooked chicken breast chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup celery chopped finely
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds (optional)
Mix all the ingredients thoroughly in a bowl and put them in the refrigerator for at least an hour.